Friends of Powell's (FoP's)
The Powell’s School Partner Teacher Association (PTA) is called Friends of Powell’s (FOPs). Each academic year, FOP sets a calendar of activities to raise funds for the school, nurture the school community, and create memorable experiences for the children.
Our fundraising goals
In 2022/23, we hope to put our funds towards the following projects:
- Revamping the school pond
- Making changes to the Early Years playground
- Year 6 leavers celebrations
- Gifford’s circus 2023
- And more!
Our fundraising activities
Some of the activities we have in the pipeline include:
- School discos
- Christmas fayre
- Summer fete
- Second-hand school uniform sales
- Parent quiz
- Parent party.
If you have an idea for a fundraising activity, please do share it by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can get involved
We are always looking for volunteers and we have various projects requiring varying time commitments, so there is something for everyone! Perhaps you’d like to join the committee or maybe you’d prefer to help plan one of our events? If so, please email email@example.com.
Other ways to get involved, which don’t require much effort and your friends and family can get involved too, include:
- Joining the school lottery – With tickets from £1 per week and cash prizes up for grabs each month, this is a win, win – find more here.FoP's School Lottery
- Donating to the Rag Bag - Located next to the bins by the gate to the school car park, add any clothes or shoes you are throwing out – FOPs then receive cash by weight for the items.
- Turn your daily shopping into donations - with easyfundraising - an online browser extension that turns your shopping (from over 7,000 brands) into donations towards FOP, at no extra cost to you - find out more here.Easy Fundraising
- Shop with AmazonSmile - Amazon will donate to Friends of Powell's, at no cost to you – find out more here.Amazon Smile